Celebrating All Moms
Featuring Chef Maria Tampakis, Michelle Tampakis and Emilija Bauza | Filmed & Edited by Chris Seerveld
Delightful Trio is a gluten free individual dessert comprising a fudge brownie layer, a creamy cheesecake layer and a strawberry mousse layer. It can be garnished with fresh fruit, chocolate shavings, fruit sauce and chocolate sauce! Any type of fruit mousse can be used, but either strawberry or raspberry produce not only beautiful visual contrast, but also great flavor combinations. The recipe yields approximately 24 three-four inch servings. Use an oven safe silicone mold for best results.
227g dark chocolate ((60-65%)
188g granulated sugar
188g brown sugar
5g vanilla extract
18g espresso coffee (brewed)(room temperature)
150g brown rice flour
- Melt together dark chocolate and butter in the boil of an electric mixer, over hot (NOT boiling) water. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl with vanilla extract and coffee.
- Add sugars to melted chocolate in a steady stream. Scrape down sides and bottom of mixing bowl.
- Pour in eggs gradually, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more.
- Add brown rice flour and salt.
- Divide batter between individual molds, do not fill more than halfway.
- Bake in a preheated (350°) oven for 10-12 minutes. Brownie should be barely set but lightly crusted on the surface.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
452g cream cheese
144g granulated sugar
48g sour cream
96g heavy cream
1tsp lemon zest
- Using a paddle attachment of an electric mixer, soften cream cheese with sugar on lowest speed. Stop machine to scrape sides and bottom of bowl several times before adding eggs, be sure the creamcheese is a uniformly soft and smooth consistency.
- Add eggs one at a time. Stop the machine half way through the addition of eggs to scrape bowl.
- Add sour cream, and heavy cream. Add lemon zest.
- Divide batter among molds pouring gently over the brownie base. Do not fill cavities to the very top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes (325°) until cheesecake is set.
- Cool to room temperature before refrigerating several hours or overnight.
225g strawberry (or raspberry) puree
6g leaf gelatin
90g Italian Meringue ((120g egg whites, 240g granulated sugar cooked with 60g water to 244F)
188g heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Soften the gelatin leaves in cold water. Drain and melt just until liquified.
- Whisk gelatin into puree.
- Fold in Italian Meringue.
- Fold in heavy Cream.
- Allow to set in refrigerator 1-2 hours before using.
- Gently unmold cold cheesecake brownie bases onto plates.
- Using a star tip, pipe a spiral of mousse on the surface of each dessert, covering the cheesecake completely.
- Garnish with chopped strawberries (or raspberries).
- Put a small scoop of additional chopped fruit on the plate. Decorate with drops of fruit puree and melted chocolate (or chocolate sauce).